A Colorful Human World!
“It was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair“, Dickens wrote. Words, we recognize only too well. Or rather, we instantly recognize the despair, seeing it in the eye of refugees, who travel across the sea in spite of the danger, because staying would be infinitely more dangerous. We see the refugees, who never make it to Europe, drowning in the attempt, and those who make it ashore, only to be met with hate speech and the suspicion that they are extremists. Mainstream media are stimulating that populist speech, which incites hate, while right wing parties everywhere in Europe are calling on the nation state and closing of the borders to the exclusion of others. There is always some “other” to blame for everything. In fact, our societies consist of many “others” at the risk of a situation of fracture in which everyone is made scared of one another. Cartoonists have an important task at hand, and The International Cartoon Contest & Exhibition 2018 invites all cartoonists to make us forget to be scared and find different ways of (re)connecting. Cartooning at its finest is a spring of hope. It gives us ways to critically rethink and find alternatives to bridge the “us” and “them”. We get to see the human in the other. Differences in culture or language are no longer too strange or too much to take in. We see that differences are what make for a colorful world. We deserve to be living in a colorful human world and The International Cartoon Contest & Exhibition 2018 invites all cartoonists to take part to make it a reality.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
The Contest is open to cartoonists from all over the world. Cartoonists can send their published or unpublished works of art to the Contest.
Theme: Colorful Human World.
Deadline: 15th of March 2018.
Size: A4, jpg format, 300 dpi.
* The cartoon can be produced traditionally or digitally.
* Each participant may present up to 3 cartoons (size A4). Resolution must be at least 300 dpi.
* A short CV, personal photo, the e-mail address, Skype account (if available), and the postal address of each participant is required.
The Prizes :
Grand Prize: 5,000 kr.
Second Prize:3,000 kr.
Third Prize: 2, 000 kr.
Honour Prizes (5): 1000kr.
All participants whose works will be exhibited will receive a Digital Certificate of Participation
JURY and EXHIBITION:
* Norwegian and International Jury of ten members will make a selection of the submitted cartoons which are to exhibited in the Norwegian Literature House in Oslo and published in Cartoon Home Network International (Facebook platform): https://www.facebook.com/CHNI2016/
* The jury members can be participants only in the exhibition.
* They will be exhibited to 100 drawings to be evaluated by the Jury Committee.
* All participating drawings may be exhibited in a touring exhibition in Norway or abroad.
* The drawings may be used in the advertising campaign of the exhibition. On no account should drawings or copies be sold. Commercial exploitation of part or the whole exhibition is prohibited.
* Copyright of the exhibition belongs to the organizers.
* Participants will receive a digital catalog of the exhibition.
If you have any questions, we’ll be happy to answer them. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can visit our Cartoon Home Network International on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CHNI2016/
Cartoon Home Network International | CHNI